Tuesday 9 June 2009


The school year is coming to an end, one more day and the holidays will start.
Time to say good bye to teachers and class mates, only returning in August.
Also time to say good bye to good friends.
Unfortunately, the life as an expatriate consists often of farewells. This summer too, many of my friends will be leaving, either returning to their home country or leaving for another challenge in yet another country.
My Russian friend is leaving soon... she gave me this typical Russian present, to make sure I wouldn't forget her (how could I??). I'm soooo in love with it! Don't you think they are cute (and the colour just matches perfectly with the colours of my house!)?

2 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Ik vind ze altijd mooi, die matrushka's en deze lijken inderdaad wel voor jou gemaakt. Afscheid nemen is nooit leuk, maar in deze tijd zou je zeggen dat een afscheid haast altijd minder definitief hoeft te zijn dan in het verleden. De komst van het internet, denk ook aan skypen, heeft het contact houden gemakkelijker gemaakt dan ooit. Groetjes!

Eliane Zimmermann said...

it's so funny to see the time and temperature in SP live on the screen! it's like a bond to my father living in Curitiba. he was general consul there and went back with his second wife. we used to have a similar life full of farewells.
waht I wanted to say: your late autumn is warmer than our late spring here in ireland!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...